Here is a dead simple strategy to attract up to five times more traffic to your e-commerce site store and best of all it is free and only takes a few times. All you require is a search engine or a phone and some business instincts. If you utilize tools such as to software, BigCommerce, then it is even easier, here is how customized invoices increase your company’s marketing.
1. Take a pen and write a list of four products that can be bought online that are similar to what you normally sell. For instance, if you sell iPods, then your list may look like this: trainers, custom iPod skins, armbands and workout towels
2. Jump on a search engine and find some different stores that market the products you listed earlier but make sure they do not sell the same products or services as you.
3. Make a spreadsheet with headers such as Product, website and list the sites from step 2 together with the complimentary products they stock, such as:
4. Go to each site on your list and then fill in the contact form on their website or write them an email with that message.
5. When they reply your mail, add their name together with their phone numbers to your spreadsheet. Your aim here is to get at least one person to respond to each complimentary product you have listed. Find another site which sells similar complimentary product and then repeats step four in case the companies do not send a reply with contact details after a few days.
6. When your list is filled with names and phone numbers, now call each company and tell them that you would like to recommend them to your clients at the bottom of each invoice you send them and ask if they would also do the same for you.
That is an uncomplicated yet very effective strategy of cross-promotional marketing and may drive enormous amounts of online traffic to your site if implemented. The central idea is simple. Let us say you come into contact with four companies that sell complimentary products to yours. By including your company, that is five companies in total that all sell same products. At the end of each company’s invoice email, they may each add something like this:
Obviously, each store wouldn’t include their site in the list. That is the whole strategy. It takes not less than 20 minutes in a search engine and a few hours on your phone but the increase in potential, free visitors to your website will be enormous. Just ensure you choose complimentary online stores that have a good amount of traffic. An excellent way to view the traffic of an online store is to use Compete.com.